June 28, 2022
Reflections from our Parishioners
As part of our participation in the Renewal, I will be sharing responses from members of the parish. I hope you will enjoy reading their thoughts, be encouraged by their thoughts, and be challenged to look at how you see and live the Eucharist as part of your life.
- Why is it important to you to attend Mass? Mass makes me feel faithful and fulfilled.
- What does it mean to you to receive the Eucharist/Body of Christ? I feel like I can function and am safe for another week.
- How does receiving the Eucharist/Body of Christ help you, change you, challenge you? I feel connected and cared for at the same time.
- How is your receiving the Eucharist/Body of Christ reflected in your life, shared with your world? Watching Mass isn’t the same as receiving the Eucharist and the Eucharist isn’t Mass, but it doesn’t’ seem the same with out others. I’m not sure how I share it with others other than in the Mass.
- Other thoughts you’d like to share. I struggled with the idea of the Eucharist being the body and blood of Christ. For years I considered it symbolic. It wasn’t until I had a spiritual experience where I felt the presence of God wrap me up in swaddling cloth that I decided if I could be touched once that God was quite capable of doing this regularly and I could believe.