The All Saints Women’s Group is a newly formed group within the parish. Our mission is to encourage and unite the women of All Saints Parish to join in prayer, service, and fellowship to build a closer relationship with Christ. We meet in the St. Anthony Cafeteria each month on the third Monday at 6:00 pm. (Due to the COVID Pandemic we are currently meeting via Zoom each month on the third Monday at 6:00 pm.)
The All Saints Women’s Club has been involved in service work by preparing meals for the NICU at Deaconess Gateway Hospital, collecting items for Birthright of Evansville, and preparing meals, and collecting toiletries for Ruth’s House (a homeless shelter for women).
We have also looked at different types of prayer and meditation to bring us closer to each other and God. We invite you to join us for our meetings and bring a friend! If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Parish Office at 812-423-5209. We look forward to seeing you!.
November 16, 2020 Meeting Summary
We discussed spreading cheer to our neighbors at Columbia Healthcare this Christmas season. We will participate in Columbia Healthcare’s Adopt a Hallway Angel Program. A hallway consists of 10 rooms with 2 residents per room. Columbia Healthcare’s activity director will provide us with the resident’s wish lists. We will also fill 20 Christmas bags for other residents.
October 19, 2020 Meeting Summary
• Welcome 2 new members to the group Leslie Baker and Mary Berendes.
• Discussed books on women in the past-Sharon coordinating information
• Note cards and how it is making positive impact to parishioner’s and encouraging others to join
• Meal train clarified for people with new babies and for people hurt/surgery/hospitalization. Other comments were bereavement meal, maybe just primary family cooking a meal and dropping off later date after funeral, more discussion needed on this one.
• Discussed December and how to give to nursing home in consideration of COVID. May do a song or two and virtually meet with them. Details need to be lined out.
• Fundraising for women’s ministry do we do this, if so how and who will coordinate for treasurer, bank account etc. More to come on this one.
As you can tell a lot of great ideas and the Holy Spirit wants us to bring more people on board. Our thoughts now….how do we reach others.
Separate prayer requests were made from individuals at the end. May we keep Gods loving arms wrapped around our loved ones and bring them peace and comfort.