Introduction to Centering Prayer
January 16, 2016
- Centering Prayer is a quiet, reflective prayer form grounded in the Christian tradition. This upcoming workshop provides an excellent brief explanation of the method of Centering Prayer and an opportunity to practice this unique way of praying.
- Centering Prayer is a simple, non-denominational form of prayer that is based on the wisdom saying of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount: “‘When you pray, go to your inner room, close the door and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you.” (Mt. 6:6)
- Centering Prayer prepares us to receive the gift of contemplative prayer.
- The program runs from 9:30 a.m. Eastern time to 4:00 p.m. on January 16.
- Program cost is $75, including lunch. Registration is due January 13.
- Presenters are Sister Kathy Bilskie, OSB, and Sister Celeste Boda, OSB. Sister Kathy, a member of the Ferdinand Benedictines, has been facilitating Centering Prayer retreats for many years. She is experienced in parish ministry, spiritual direction, and health care administration. Sister Celeste, also a Ferdinand Benedictine, holds a Juris Doctorate from Hamline University School of Law, and is Judicial Assistant to the Judicial Vicar in the Tribunal for the Diocese of Owensboro, Kentucky.
- For more information or to register for this program, call 800-880-2777, or 812-367-1411, ext. 2915, or visit www.thedome.org/programs.
- The program will be held at the Benedictine Hospitality Center at Kordes Hall on the grounds of Monastery Immaculate Conception in Ferdinand, Indiana, an ideal location for learning, sharing, praying, and reflection. Call for more information if you are interested in overnight accommodations at Kordes. It’s truly a different place to stay, where the focus is on peace and quiet – a perfect surrounding for Centering Prayer.
- As part of our outreach, we, the Sisters of St. Benedict of Ferdinand, offer group or individual programs and retreats that educate and provide personal spiritual direction. These programs develop a deeper awareness of God, the world, yourself, and others that leads to a more meaningful and fulfilling life. We also open our facilities and grounds to groups seeking a hospitable, peace-filled environment for meetings, programs or other gatherings. For more information, call 800-880-2777.