Ways to Give This Lent
Invite your children to really think about things they can do to show love to others. Almsgiving isn’t just about giving money! It’s about sharing the gifts and the love we have received with others.
Here are some ideas of ways you and your kids can practice almsgiving this Lent:
- Give away one of your toys every Sunday.
- Do a chore around the house without being asked.
- Make care packages as a family and deliver them to a local shelter.
- Perform a random act of kindness every day.
- Share your favorite toy or belonging with others (and without complaining).
- Do extra work for your family and neighbors to raise money to donate at church.
- Give away extra clothing you haven’t worn in a long time.
- Go shopping as a family and let your kids pick out the groceries you can donate to the local pantry.
- Write a card to an extended family member to tell them how much you love them.
- Give your Sundays to God. As a family, give up anything on Sunday that keeps you from Jesus.
The Proof of Your Love
As a family, click the video below and listen to the song and lyrics. Reflect on how Jesus has loved you and how you can reflect His love in the world.
“No matter what I say, no matter what I believe, no matter what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.”