August 19, 2022
As part of our participation in the Renewal, I will be sharing responses from members of the parish. I hope you will enjoy reading their thoughts, be encouraged by their thoughts, and be challenged to look at how you see and live the Eucharist as part of your life.
From a member of the parish…
1. Why is it important to you to attend Mass?
To participate in Eucharist with a group… community. (But I have not been attending lately in protest against US bishops and their politicizing Eucharist via narrowly “limiting” who is worthy. That is not a bishop’s decision.)
2. What does it mean to you to receive the Eucharist/Body of Christ?
Everything. Unity. God within me. Justice. Peace of mind. Calm.
3. How does receiving the Eucharist/Body of Christ help you, change you, challenge you?
It puts God into me. Unity with God. I become God’s hands on earth.
4. How is your receiving the Eucharist/Body of Christ reflected in your life, shared with your world?
Motivationally. It bridges my world to the universe. It ties me to all beings.
5. Other thoughts you’d like to share.
Most of US Bishops have been hurting — killing — the Eucharist. I ascribe to the Eucharist being a healing tool — not a prize.